08 May 2014 Clifton St | Basement
Clifton Street has been a hive of activity. Not only are all the windows in place and cladding progressing well, but the team have managed to fit in preparations for the basement slab! After the plumbing and electrical had been roughed in and as specified by the architect the process was step by step:
1. Basement is filled with tamped gravel to 2 inches below the footings
2. A 2 inch layer of rigid foam, gaps filled with foam and joins sealed with Tuck Tape
3. A complete covering of PERMINATOR, a 15 Mil Underslab Vapor Barrier/Retarder that extends up the height of each wall
4. Second layer of rigid foam, this time 1 inch, again gaps filled with foam and joins sealed with Tuck Tape
5. Finally, the steel mesh in readiness for the concrete pour
Each of the steps is an investment in the overall success of the build. Ensuring its environmental impact is minimal and comfort for the homeowner optimal.